Biography and Curriculum Vitae
Z'ev Rosenberg, L.Ac., Dipl. Ac., F.N.A.A.O.M.
Z'ev Rosenberg began his study of Chinese medicine in the early 1970s, with studies in macrobiotics and Shiatsu. He was introduced to the theory of Chinese medicine at that time by Michael Broffman, L. Ac. He received a degree from the Santa Fe School of Natural Medicine in herbology and massage in 1976, the Kushi Institute (macrobiotics and Shiatsu) in 1979, Southwest Acupuncture College in 1983, and the Emperor's College of Oriental Medicine (post-graduate master's degree in Oriental Medicine) in 1989. Z'ev has worked as a macrobiotic counselor and shiatsu practitioner throughout the 1970s, and has been in full-time practice in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine since 1983.
Z'ev has lectured widely both to the public and to students of both Chinese medicine and macrobiotics over the last 25 years. He is the former president of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado (AAC), where he spearheaded a successful drive to register acupuncture practitioners in that state. He also has written several articles for professional Chinese medical journals, including Oriental Medicine, Protocol Journal of Botanical Medicine, Journal of Oriental Medicine in America, Journal of Chinese Medicine, and most recently The Lantern Journal.
- Professor and Chair of the Department of Herbal Medicine at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, since 1991
- Maintains a private practice in Chinese internal medicine, specializing in autoimmune disorders since May, 1983
- Writes and compiles texts on herbal distributions and pattern diagnosis
- Writes and compiles texts on pulse diagnosis, according to the Nan Jing/Difficult Classic
- Consults, writes, and develops products for Kan Herb Company in Scotts Valley, California. Kan Herb Company distributes a line of Z'ev's formulas, Alembic Herbals
- Seminars and workshops in pulse diagnosis, Nan Jing, and Shang Han Lun
CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS
- Emperor's College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, Ca. 1988-89, master's degree in acupuncture and oriental medicine
- Southwest Acupuncture College, Santa Fe, 1981-83, degree in Chinese medicine and acupuncture
- American Institute of Shiatsu, New York, 1980-81, studies in Shiatsu therapy
- Kushi Institute of Oriental Medicine, Brookline, MA, 1979-1980, degree in graduate macrobiotic counseling, graduate Shiatsu massage therapy
- Jay V. Scherer School of Manipulation and Scientific Therapeutics (Santa Fe College of Natural Medicine), August 1976-July 1977, degree in massage therapy and natural therapy, including herbal medicine
- Academy of Pain Research, San Francisco, 2003
- University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine, 2001 and 2002
- Acupuncture License (L. Ac.), California, 1990-present
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (Dipl. Ac.), San Francisco, AAAOM, 1985-present
- Acupuncture License (L. Ac.), New Mexico, 1983-present
- Certificate of Appreciation, Acupuncture Association of Colorado, for service as President of AAC, Sept. 1984-Nov. 1987
- Massage License, (MsT), New Mexico, 1977
RECENT ARTICLES BY Z'EV ROSENBERG
- Fellow of the National Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 1998-present
- Member of California Society of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 1991-2001
- President: Acupuncture Association of Colorado, 1984-87
- Member of American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Friend of American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Friend of American Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- California Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- New England Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Winter 2004, "Translation of Systematic Differentiation of Warm Disease," with Fred Wong
- Oriental Medicine, Summer 2003, "Commentary on Nan Jing Chapter 8"
- Integrated Cancer Therapies, 2003, "Recently Diagnosed Prostate Cancer Treated with Traditional Chinese Herbal Therapies"
- Oriental Medicine, Fall 2002, "Commentary on Nan Jing Chapter 16"
- Clinical Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 2001, "Immunological Maps, Part I"
- Oriental Medicine, Fall 1999, "Treatment of Warm Disease with Guy Zhi Tang," with Fred Wong
- California Journal of Oriental Medicine, Spring 1990, "Treating Transmuted Patterns in Complex Diseases"
- The Lantern Journal, May 2008, “The Essence of the Nan Jing’s Teachings on Health”
- The Lantern Journal, January 2008, “The Delphic Boat and the Yellow Emperor”.
RECENT SEMINARS BY Z'EV ROSENBERG
- Pacific Symposium, 2007, San Diego, Ca., “Chronobiology and Chinese Medicine”
- CSOMA Expo, June 2008, San Francisco, Ca., “Plum Pit Qi and the Running Piglet”.
Herbal Alchemy: the elegance of classical Chinese polypharmacy